How does Apple charge your card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
Does Apple do like a pre-authorization on your card when you order and then officially charge your card when you item ships? I guess my question is does apple actually put a hold on the amount that will be charged when the item ships? Just wondering because my card hasn't been charged yet even though I know I won't get my phone until mid-july.

MrC

Reaction score
Since your ship date is farther out (unlike mine, ordered the 15th and got in on the iPhone 4, they just charged the full amount), they'll just auth the $1 and then charge on the day it ships.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I should probably explain this "hold" concept because alot of people don't understand it.

Companies will often authorize a card for the entire amount, or a portion of it, and that authorization usually only shows up for one or two days depending on your bank or credit card company. Nothing was actually charged and nothing is really being "held". Some banks don't even show you these temporary authorizations at all since they're really meaningless to the end consumer.

Once the items ship, then the company actually charges the card.

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
^^^right got it..thanx :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.