Is my computer compatible?

Reaction score
I recently bought a game for my new MacBook Pro (Homeworld 2, by Sierra) and am very disappointed that it won't work! I've installed it, but it keeps quitting with an error message and I have no idea why. Here are the game specs:

Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
PowerPC G4/G5, 800MHz or faster
256MB RAM (512MB recommended)
1.0GB free disc space
3D Graphics Acceleration required (ATI Radeon 7500/nVidia GeForce 2 or better)
32MB of video ram (VRAM) required
8X CD-ROM

For the record, I have a brand new MacBook Pro 13" 2.66GHz. Any ideas why this is not working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yes... it's running it through Rosetta which emulates powerPC code. That might be confusing the system and causing the error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Umm is this the game Apple - Downloads - Demos & Updates - Homeworld 2 <- because if it is then it's not by Sierra or rather it says it's by Aspyr but this is more than likely the fix/update. If this is not the game then you could check the website for any fixes or updates or others who might have the same prob. I did see some hits for Sierra but the apple site came up first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.