Burning playlists from itunes

F

flawoody18

Ok, i know hot to burn a playlist from itunes, but can you burn more than one playlist to a cd?

See...I like to burn mp3 cds, but i need to be able to put them into files, like I put serveral cds onto one mp3 disc and I seperate them by folders so its not one big file.

So if I could burn more than one playlist to a cd that would be awesome, is it possible?

Thanks so much!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Highlight all the playlists you want to burn and click burn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
trpnmonkey41 said:
Highlight all the playlists you want to burn and click burn

latest version of itunes will now allow you to select more then one playlist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
flawoody18 said:
How do u highlight more than one playlist?

Don't believe you can in the latest version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did sorry, a typo that completly changed the meaning of the sentence, I am very sorry about that one flawoody18, having problems typing tonight, lol

OP
F

flawoody18

PowerBookG4 said:
I did sorry, a typo that completly changed the meaning of the sentence, I am very sorry about that one flawoody18, having problems typing tonight, lol

Haha, thats ok. Thanks though. So I guess I'm just stuck to using the actual folders in the music file huh?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
flawoody18 said:
Ok, i know hot to burn a playlist from itunes, but can you burn more than one playlist to a cd?

See...I like to burn mp3 cds, but i need to be able to put them into files, like I put serveral cds onto one mp3 disc and I seperate them by folders so its not one big file.

So if I could burn more than one playlist to a cd that would be awesome, is it possible?

Thanks so much!!!

When you make Mp3 discs it automatically puts the files in subdirectories, in fact it puts them in the same file heirarchy that iTunes uses.

Just make a new playlist and put all the tunes or albums into it that you want to have then burn that playlist as a data disc rather than as an audio disc.

Amen-Moses

OP
F

flawoody18

Amen-Moses said:
When you make Mp3 discs it automatically puts the files in subdirectories, in fact it puts them in the same file heirarchy that iTunes uses.

Just make a new playlist and put all the tunes or albums into it that you want to have then burn that playlist as a data disc rather than as an audio disc.

Amen-Moses

If I put all my music into one big play list that I want burned, how would it know what subfolders I wanted?

OP
F

flawoody18

Tel said:
It uses the same file system as the iTunes library, not the playlist.

Haha, I'm so confused, and have no idea. Is there a complete retard forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
If you go to ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/ (~/ signifies your home dir) you will should see a bunch of folders of band names. In each one of those folders there should be album names. In each album are the files that are on that album. That is the way that they will be put on the CD, from what I gather (I haven't tried to burn mp3 discs).

So if I put all of my Judas Priest and Dio and Iron Maiden (these are band names) songs in a playlist, then had iTunes burn an mp3 disc, if I opened the CD after burning I would get this:

Top dir would have Judas Priest folder, Iron Maiden folder, and Dio folder.

Then in the Judas Priest folder would be sub folders Screaming For Vengance, Angel of Retribution, British Steel, Sad Wings of Destiny; the Dio folder would have sub folders Holy Diver, Last in Line, Dream Evil, etc

Then in each album folder would be the song (mp3) files that I have from said albums....does that make any sense?

OP
F

Fallooza

when i sold my ibook and got my imac, i took all my tunes (100 albums) and put them into one play list and burned it as 1 playlist (7 CDs later) when i dowmloaded it on my imac all my albums in my music libaury were all back in there original foldes by artist. not just one big folder. hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.