iPhone AppleCare question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
I'm looking to get the iPhone AppleCare for my girlfriends 3g iPhone. I've seen a bunch on Amazon and Ebay for $30-40. Is there any problem with buying it that way, with it being so much cheaper? I seem to remember when I activated it for my 3Gs that it says you need to keep your receipt. Will Apple deny coverage if it wasn't bought through certain stores?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Nothing wrong with it as long as it's truly an unused AppleCare code. I've done that before for my Macs. Amazon.com often has them pretty cheap too.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
Did you ever have to make a warranty claim while under the extended period?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yep, I had to have a logic board replaced once on my Macbook.

Apple has no clue where you bought AppleCare from, they just know whether it's a valid code or not when you register. You could have bought it off a bum off the street or from an Apple Store, to them it's all the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.