Image transferring problem?

R

Redbull

Hi,

When I drag a image (jpg) from my folders that are viewed with Preview (application) to the iPhoto icon, iPhoto tells me that my imported file is not recognised or possibly encrupted?. It's seems rather odd to me...

Does anybody know why and are there any solutions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
open up iPhoto and drag it into the library not the icon this will import the file and you wont' get any error messages, or atleast that works for me.

OP
R

Redbull

Ah dear, still came up the same problem. Could the iPhoto system files be damage preventing it from recognising jpg or other files?. Even oddly enough, it won't allow a picture to be transfered to my computer via bluetooth as it says ''Too many bluetooth devices in gauge'' I've only got a mouse!.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
hmm this is interesting, do you have any photos that are not jpg that work or is it all photos that will not work in the program.

as opposed to your bluetooth problem maybe your mouse is using all available resources that your bluetooth has? Sorry not really a bluetooth guy, don't use it often.

OP
R

Redbull

PowerBookG4 said:
hmm this is interesting, do you have any photos that are not jpg that work or is it all photos that will not work in the program.

as opposed to your bluetooth problem maybe your mouse is using all available resources that your bluetooth has? Sorry not really a bluetooth guy, don't use it often.

Ah good idea. Yes it's ONLY jpg files that it won't accept - the rest are fine e.g. gif. Could the jpg files be damage?

EDIT* That's why my phone won't allow the images to be send to iPhoto because they are jpeg format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.