converting Quark Mac files to PC

B

bembaman

I have a file in Quark Mac (.qxd) but my entire company is on PC. I only want to alter some text in a brochure to a different language.

I sent it to a friend who has a Mac and he tells me that the layout file cannot be converted to PC format, so all I got back was a collection of picture files contained in the brochure but no layout file which also contains the text. Is he correct or mistaken-it seems odd these days to find files that cannot be converted somehow but i know nothing about Mac's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
.zip it or .sit it. Perhaps it became currupt in the trasnfer

OP
B

bembaman

Graphite said:
.zip it or .sit it. Perhaps it became currupt in the trasnfer

It was on a CD and opened OK on the Mac, it is just my friend reckons the Quark layout file cannot be saved to a PC format.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

bembaman said:
It was on a CD and opened OK on the Mac, it is just my friend reckons the Quark layout file cannot be saved to a PC format.

deal with a .qxd file is going to be quark 5.o or earlier file type which should be able to be opened in any quark program as long as its saved for the version your going to use. ie opening on quark 4 should be saved as quark 4. i always take files from my mac to my pc and so on and never any issues.
for first 2 years of graphic design program i worked on a pc burning my quark documents to disc and takin them to a mac print house and never once had any issues..if you have the original try saving another copy of the file or find a different pc to open it on..could be an issue with that machine ( it is a windowz os you bring the file over to you have to remember.......ANYTHING could go wrong on windowz)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.