Fake Reserve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
Ok I just went to Apple and it turns ou my reserve didn't go through. I am really irritated. So it looks like I will be at my local mall at 3 AM!!!
I guess if you didn't get the email then it didn't go through!!! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Probably not worth going to the mall at 3 AM if you don't have a reserved phone. The fact that they sold out of their inventory means that they'll only be available to those that reserved, I doubt they'll have extras just lying around to sell people since people ordering now have to wait until mid-July.

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right but wouldn't there be someone who wouldn't have the money or couldn't show up for other reasons? I think I am going to take my book and just campout there at the door.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That could happen, but Apple will hold the reserve phone until closing on 6/24 meaning it won't become available until 6/25.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
that sucks, especially since you were so looking forward to it.. you still getting the iPad ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I dunno Schweb, it's very possible that she could get it on launch day. Just among my friends, several of them reserved their iPhone at their local store before they finally managed to preorder online. I'm fairly certain the vast majority of them didn't cancel their reservation. Therefore, it could easily have happened with people reserving at her local Apple Store.

Plus, I think I read somewhere that preorders and reservations only accounted for maybe half the available stock on launch day, so plenty will be available for people who didn't get a chance to reserve theirs.

Reaction score
went and checked that my order went through, thankfully it was there. Sorry to hear yours didnt. I would be super ******, specially since I sold my 3G today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dunno Schweb, it's very possible that she could get it on launch day. Just among my friends, several of them reserved their iPhone at their local store before they finally managed to preorder online. I'm fairly certain the vast majority of them didn't cancel their reservation. Therefore, it could easily have happened with people reserving at her local Apple Store.

Plus, I think I read somewhere that preorders and reservations only accounted for maybe half the available stock on launch day, so plenty will be available for people who didn't get a chance to reserve theirs.

I'm not saying I disagree, but the issue is that on launch day, reservations are being held until the store closes, so even if they never pick them up, they won't be available until the next day.

Unless they cancel their reservations, that stock won't be available until after launch day.

I also can't see Apple hording extras that they wouldn't let people reserve given the overwhelming demand and are forcing new orders to wait weeks. I mean we'll need to wait until launch day to know, but I can't imagine there's a hidden unclaimed supply that will magically become available on 6/24.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I got my email like 30mins ago, confirming it went through.
But when i checked the order status, the order date showed 6/16/2010.
So who knows If i'll be getting it on the 24th or not.

I'm sorry to hear yours didnt go through Buddha_luver.
It might be worth waiting in line, get your A$S there early though. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not saying I disagree, but the issue is that on launch day, reservations are being held until the store closes, so even if they never pick them up, they won't be available until the next day.

Unless they cancel their reservations, that stock won't be available until after launch day.

Ah yes, that's true.

I also can't see Apple hording extras that they wouldn't let people reserve given the overwhelming demand and are forcing new orders to wait weeks. I mean we'll need to wait until launch day to know, but I can't imagine there's a hidden unclaimed supply that will magically become available on 6/24.

Who knows. If I were Apple, I wouldn't want to be turning away hoards of people on launch day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Is it safe to say that pre ordering from any site but apple might have been a bad idea?

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thanks to my sweet grandmother I was able to do an actual order online. Now I just have to see if it will go through. Yes I did get the ipad it will be here on the 24th. Ya, when ordering online it says the 14th of July so I guess I will sit and wait.

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not to beat a dead horse but how long did e-mail confirmation take? I just got an acknowledgement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM; MBP 15" 2.53 GHz
Well, even if the pre-order doesn't work, there is certainly a chance that you could get one day one. I doubt that every bit of inventory in any given store on the 24th will be tied to pre-orders. But then again...

Keepin' my fingers crossed that your attempt today works out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
keeping my fingers crossed.... i know how waiting feels and i do not like it (and currently i am only waiting till friday, see sig.. and this week feels like the longest week ever :}

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
keeping my fingers crossed.... i know how waiting feels and i do not like it (and currently i am only waiting till friday, see sig.. and this week feels like the longest week ever :}

Haha longest week? It has been the longest month ever. I am still waiting on my ipad i odered three weeks ago. ;( Now I have to wait another month for my iphone. Geeze

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Haha longest week? It has been the longest month ever. I am still waiting on my ipad i odered three weeks ago. ;( Now I have to wait another month for my iphone. Geeze

hard to imagine for me to wait so long, but in your case it's worth it... i'm defenitely not a 'waiter' :D

we'll keep ya kinda sorta busy :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BTW, Zagg.com has InvisibleShields now for iPhone 4. I ordered one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.