Ethernet and Aiport At Same Time/gCount?

JRV

Reaction score
i plugged in my ethernet cable to my ibook while the aiport was still on and now my gCount doesn't work? Everything else works fine. I tried everything to try and fix it. Has this happened to anyone else?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Is it broken for good or only broken, when you use both the ethernet cable and the airport card?

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
for good. it opens but when it trys to check for new mail it just keeps going and going and never finishes.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quit the app and start up again. Or restart the computer.

If neither of those work, I'd honestly just scrap the app and install it again. I know, not the most intuitive solution, but it might be the simplest. And do a search for gcount and delete the .plist file also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
i think i'm having the same problem! i just came onto the board to ask about it. i just thought it was a crappy application...

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really like GmailStatus better, the looks of it fit in perfect with the likes of Tiger. I have yet to have a problem with it. Give it a shot it, if the both of you are willing to part with gcount that is. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
iWhat said:
I really like GmailStatus better, the looks of it fit in perfect with the likes of Tiger. I have yet to have a problem with it. Give it a shot it, if the both of you are willing to part with gcount that is. :cool:

thanks, i just downloaded that and it works!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Tel said:
I just use Mail for checking my gmail account.

Same here. If it's already built into a native OSX app, I prefer not to mess with another third party one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.