• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

1 month 8 days

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
OK GUYS 1 MONTH and 8 DAYS TILL I GET MY LICENCE TO DRIVE A CAR IN NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would let you know that, since this is everything does, I am excited, and bored.

Reaction score
I waited till about 4 months after I could legally get my drivers license before I actually got it. Now that I think back I have no idea why I did that.

T

Tel

I'm not even going to bother driving, its hardly worth it in the UK, insurance costs more than most cars for new drivers, petrol (gas) cost an absolute **** load and now they (yes they, the government) are talking about charging drivers a certain amount depending on how many miles they clock up per year. The UK is really starting to suck quite badly.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow the uk is strict.

my insurance since i will be 17 driving a high performance/luxury car.. (audi a6) will be 3000$/year and gas is 2.40 a gallon since I have to put 91 octane or higher in it, I put 94 if I have the change, my dad pays for it so its still works out good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
im glad that we are in different parts of NJ...stay away from wyckoff and most of bergen county!!!!

lol, good luck with getting your license. you got a ride yet?
-chris

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
im glad that we are in different parts of NJ...stay away from wyckoff and most of bergen county!!!!

lol, good luck with getting your license. you got a ride yet?
-chris

yeah an audi a6, my dad bought it for me like 2 months ago, I have been getting use to it, so I can take my test in it.

Lol I will stay away from your town, but no need to worry, I have alot of practice and expeirence (for my age) under my belt, I am the only person I know who has experienced a near instant 75 to 0 stop while driving.... oh and one time i was going 75-80 on route 280 and my dad looked behind me and to give me " emergency experience" he took my key out!!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Learning to drive, those were the days. Will go any where just to drive the car, even if you could walk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
yeah an audi a6, my dad bought it for me like 2 months ago, I have been getting use to it, so I can take my test in it.

SWEET!
i wish my dad would by me an audi.....

Reaction score
So is 17 the legal driving age in NJ? I got my permit at 15.5 and license at 16 [Oklahoma]. That was a few years ago, I believe it is still the same age right at the moment but I think they are going to change it to permit at 16 and license at 17, I guess it is better to have it that way; the only downside being a lot of upset 15 year old kids.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TOYOTA said:
So is 17 the legal driving age in NJ? I got my permit at 15.5 and license at 16 [Oklahoma]. That was a few years ago, I believe it is still the same age right at the moment but I think they are going to change it to permit at 16 and license at 17, I guess it is better to have it that way; the only downside being a lot of upset 15 year old kids.

16 permit, 17 license with limits (ie: # of people. 12:00 curfiew), 18 no limits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
PowerBookG4 said:
16 permit, 17 license with limits (ie: # of people. 12:00 curfiew), 18 no limits.

those limits stink...first day i had my license i had my nissan 240sx but no plates on it, they were in it but my parents wanted them on it before i went out...so i got the explorer and they helped me load like 12 people in it ;)
-chris

X

xthisisRomancex

in louisisana u can get ur permit at 15 and then at 16 get ur intermedite basicly u coudl not drive between 11:00pm and 5 am ... at 17 u are free/.. ( u are of legal age in louisiana at 17)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
NY permit 16, Full license with no limits at 17 if you passed the road test

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah there is a road test in new jersey too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

Yeah, the limits suck but they're mainly designed for the unfortunate kids that they scrape off the highway every weekend. I remember when I got my first car almost everyone I knew couldnt drive worth **it. I lost three friends in high school due to their inexperience behind the wheel mixed with poor decision making (and a little booze). Driving is like sex. Most people start around the same age 15-18 (puberty) . At first, you think you're a love machine even though you have no control whatsoever. After you hit 30, you look back and laugh at how inexperienced you were.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.