creating ACTUAL cd's from MP3s

Reaction score
Sorry folks, I've done the search thing but I can't find the answer I need. I have a bunch of MP3s on my Mac and I want to burn them onto a CD so that it will play in my car or a regular CD player. You know, just like you bought it from Wal-Mart in the sealed case? With all the track numbers/space-in-between etc? I have Audacity (someone sez I should be able to do it, but I can't figure it out). I also have a program called BurnX Free that is supposed to be able to do this. I cannot figure it out. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If the MP3s are on your computer then the easiest way to do it is with iTunes. Just create a playlist with all the songs you want and then press the Burn Disc button at the bottom.

I also create audio CDs with Toast but it doesn't sound like you have it. I thought I was the only person that doesn't have a MP3 player aux port in their car stereo. ;) It's the only reason why I still create audio CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.