Safari Bookmark tabs?

R

rypod81

im a fairly new switchover from PC. got myself a TiBook. I always used firefox on my sony, but since safari is bundled, would rather use that on Mac, since formulated for it. problem is, I cant seem to figure out how to get the bookmarks tab in safari to dock on the left side of the window (a la FireFox and IE)...is there a way to do this? really a pain to have to open the entire bookmarks page and obscure what I was looking at...

HELP

OP
T

Tel

If you add bookmarks that you visit often to the "bookmark bar" folder then they will all be onscreen constantly just under your URL bar. That way you dont have to obscure any part of what you was viewing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I don't think safari can do that, at least it can't in panther. have you tried making a folder in the bookmark bar under the url and adding things you need to access quickly or regularly into that?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Yep, Tel is right. That's what I do. You can put most frequently accessed bookmarks there or you can insert even more bookmarks in the bar by organizing them by folders, which works wonders, if you have too many bookmarks that will extent beyond the size of the bar. This doesn't solve your problem, but it's really just a workaround. :eek:

OP
R

rypod81

iWhat said:
Yep, Tel is right. That's what I do. You can put most frequently accessed bookmarks there or you can insert even more bookmarks in the bar by organizing them by folders, which works wonders, if you have too many bookmarks that will extent beyond the size of the bar. This doesn't solve your problem, but it's really just a workaround. :eek:

hmm, well i'll have to try that. been using FF and liking it, but im sure safari runs faster...thanks for the help,!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
click on the little icon in the top right that looks like book, it brings up all your book mark folders on the side like ie and firefox on the pc. I have tiger, but i think I remember seeing it back when I was using pather.

OP
R

rypod81

PowerBookG4 said:
click on the little icon in the top right that looks like book, it brings up all your book mark folders on the side like ie and firefox on the pc. I have tiger, but i think I remember seeing it back when I was using pather.

when i do that it converts the entire window into a large white screen with the bookmarks on them, but this white screen totally obscures the actual webpage...perhaps there is a setting to reduce to borders of this tab?

OP
T

Tel

No, thats your bookmark view, the place you go to if you want to see every page you've bookmarked. If you want quick and easy access to a few favorite sites then put them into the bookmark bar, you can also put folders in the bookmark bar to categorize you bookmarks. It also displays the number of unread RSS feeds, view all unread RSS articles and open all pages of a particular folder in tabs, it really is a quite powerful tool, it should be able to meet your every need.

OP
R

rypod81

awesome, i threw some folders in there, and a few pages. excellent and everything is workin great! thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tel said:
Another satisfied customer. My work here is done. *walks graciously into sunset*

LOL good job Tel...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
user reputation system, on the right with the check and the x... click on it check positive or negitive... in this case if you liked him possitive, then type why you liked him (this is optional) then all it to his rep points.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Tel said:
I like the way he didn't rep me though :(
don't worry about it, I haven't gotten repped positively in months and I know I've helped plenty of people, a lot of people it seems have stopped using it, or just ignore it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah me too, nobody really reps me, and i know i give good answers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.