Photoshop and animated GIFs

Reaction score
So I really don't know if this is the right forum to ask, if not you mods can help me out moving it.

I cant open animated GIFs in photoshop CS4. Anyone knows a way to do it? I have tried with Open, Import (video frames to layers) but I cant select the GIF file.

All help will be appreciated

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Ummm check to see if you have the animation window open.

OP
Wallysaurrus
Reaction score
This is the error window that pops when I try to open it (with the animation window open as you suggested, made no difference):

zv7spz.jpg

And this is what happens, as you can see there is one single frame and nothing else:

30ndugi.jpg

Reaction score
When Photoshop opens animated gifs each frame is a separate layer. Check your layers palette.
Saving it as still animated is a whole 'nother problem.
I just tried it and didn't get that dialog box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
open the gif in quicktime and save as a movie, then import frames to layers in photoshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.