Should I Buy iPhone 4?

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

The title of this thread is somewhat inaccurate. I already know that I want the iPhone 4, but I have a few concerns. This will be my very first iPhone because all the previous iPhones haven't been, let's just say, up to par. 3Gs disappointed me more than just a bit, and Apple seems to have perfected the phone this time around.

Anyway, I have one concern about battery life.

I understand that the battery life has been increased rather drastically, but I've heard horrible things about its battery. What I'd like to know is how it holds up with me, being a frequent user of my iPod Touch? I am the kind of guy who can't travel from point A to point B without music in my head. I travel for about an hour everyday, sometimes a little more. How does the battery hold up with normal phone functions?

Also, I have about 24GB of music in my current 32GB iPod Touch. Do you think the remaining space will be enough for my needs? I don't play a lot of games, and I'd probably not have a lot of apps either.

I'm just wondering! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well seeing as how nobody has gotten their hands on the iPhone 4 just yet, isn't it a bit premature to be asking a question about how long its battery lasts during practical usage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
If you have to ask you probably don't need one!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How can you be disappointed by any iPhone since you haven't owned one? The iPod Touch ends up with more hours of playing time (video/audio) since it is missing some of the crucial components from the iPhone that are big power suckers. The 3G, Bluetooth pieces take a good amount of power..

I've got a iPhone 3G and use it during my work day to listen to music, I can go usually go for 4-5 hours at a stretch listening to music without any problems..if I end up using the phone to make calls, and also sync it with my car and all that then I usually end up charging up that night for the next day..

I do believe the iPhone 4 is purported to have a better battery life, but we won't know until it's actually released..

Realize that these devices are very powerful and that power comes at the cost of battery life..you can't have a device that is going to play video/games at a very nice rate and then complain that the battery is dying in a few hours..the backlight is a huge power draw..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.