sound card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Hey everyone, been forever since I posted here.

I have a MB 15inch running all current updates.

I have a set of speakers, and only the right one works. Until I can go buy some new ones,is it possible to make the left and right channel both go through the same speaker?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why not try to repair the speaker which doesn't work. Unless it has cone damage, speakers are generally easy to repair. (Unless they're made by Bose)

And while you're at it, how about editing out the garbage in your sig? This is a family forum. Thanks.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Hey everyone, been forever since I posted here.

I have a MB 15inch running all current updates.

I have a set of speakers, and only the right one works. Until I can go buy some new ones,is it possible to make the left and right channel both go through the same speaker?

Don't think that's natively possible under OS X...maybe some custom/OEM sound card driver under Windows would do the trick? Just a thought.

macdillon, is it actually "easy" to repair speakers? I've always considered them off-limits in terms of ability to repair...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
is it actually "easy" to repair speakers? I've always considered them off-limits in terms of ability to repair...

Depends on what's wrong with the speaker and the initial cost. Cone damage can be repaired easy enough. There are kits which can be purchased that allow you to rebuild a speaker cone. If there is damage to the crossover network within the speaker, that's a bit harder but can also be repaired.

Some speakers are sealed and very difficult to open without doing damage. An example is the Bose line. Usually it's best to have them repaired by an expert.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.