• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Resolving the iPhone resolution - A math based article inside beware

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Resolving the iPhone resolution
Resolving the iPhone resolution | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

People have said Steve's claim the iphone 4's resolution is not good enough to make the pixels indistinguishable from one an other in the screen and you just get a crisp and clean image to the eye. People said Steve lied about it.

But this article I posted with some math proved what Jobs said is true. His claim about the iphone4 screen is 100% true.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well, not 100% true, more like 99% ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've heard compelling arguments both ways, but both ended up with the same basic conclusion, it's basically true or false depending on how closely you view the screen, and the same can be said for any screen and resolution. But the fact remains that it's the best phone display out there no matter what Apple claims.

But they really didn't think this through. By taking the name "retina display" now, what are they going to call the iPhone 7 that has a mini-display stuck right onto your eyeballs using an advanced display and contact lens? ;) (you heard it here first!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Do people really hold phones 12" away from their eyes?

Reaction score
Do people really hold phones 12" away from their eyes?

If you're sitting down, then yes, I guess people do. Especially on dinky little phones like mine. I've never held an iPhone before so I, one of the people, have no idea. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.