macjanitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
I just recently made the switch and have a 17 inch imac g5 and absolutley love it.
i read on here that macjanitor was a good program so i downloaded it, i put in on my dock and now when my computer goes to sleep and i wake it up macjanitor is off of the dock.
Is this something i am doing or what is goin on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
when you copied the macjanitor files into your application folder first and then dragged that onto the dock right? make sure that you put it someplace in the middle of the dock just in case

have you restarted since installing??

also another suggestion, you only really need macjanitor if you turn off your computer on a nightly basis....if you leave your computer on all of the time your computer will run all of the scripts that macjanitor runs (this happens at about 3 in the morning)

have a goodnight and welcome to tomorrow ;)
-chris

ps. my dad used to call me and my sister coneheads after Coneheads (the movie) came out...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
coach_z said:
also another suggestion, you only really need macjanitor if you turn off your computer on a nightly basis....if you leave your computer on all of the time your computer will run all of the scripts that macjanitor runs (this happens at about 3 in the morning)

Coach is right about just leaving the computer on. It will not harm your computer in any way to just leave it on. However, if you do let it go to sleep, the scripts won't run, even though the computer is technically "on". I would suggest that if you do let your computer go to sleep, you should be running MacJanitor at least once a week, and just run all the tasks when you do run it. :black:

O

october

I have my powerbook set to screen saver, and then display to sleep after an hour....this will still run the script right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
I have my powerbook set to screen saver, and then display to sleep after an hour....this will still run the script right?

Same for me but what about if my iBook is sleeping at night?
They won't run at a later time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If only your display is set to sleep, then the scripts will run. If you set the HD to sleep (the whole system) then the scripts will not run. If you are setting the HD to sleep, then running something like MacJanitor will run the scripts for you just fine, whenever you would like to run them. Just launch the app and run them. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.