Sirius on boot camp?

Reaction score
I just installed windows 7, home edition, under boot camp, and cant seem to get my Sirius online player to work, I see the stations and it says its playing but I dont hear a thing. Any idea on how I can fix this? Thank

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Moved to appropriate forum.

Does the Sirius on line player require a special driver or does it use the Windows Media Player? Also, make sure you go through all the sound settings for Windows 7 and that nothing is muted.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
geez, i wish i knew what sirius needed, I am really not too tech savy in that area, i was just hoping somebody had a similiar problem and had a solution. I know on my mac side i need starplayer to run my sirius, but cant seem to find the answer on how i can run it on my windows 7 side. Also thanks for moving me in the appropriate section, if anybody can lend an answer to this problem it would be appreciated. Thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I figured out why i cant hear my sirius, no sounds on the windows side of my mac are working, i just through a cd in and same thing, it plays but no sound is coming out, the volumes on the pc and cd are up too. Any thoughts now

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It seems as though you neglected to install your sound drivers. Pop in your Snow Leopard DVD while Windows 7 is running. It should automatically start the driver installation procedure. Allow it to install all drivers.

After that finishes, go the Apple download site and download Boot Camp 3.1 for whatever version of Windows 7 you're running. (32 bit or 64 bit) Install it from within Windows.

Let us know.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great. Glad to hear you got it going. Enjoy Windows 7.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.