Need opinions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
Ok I'm planning on buying a specific MBP this month or next month. I was posting in a forum asking some questions, and someone messages me and says that they have the exact spec MBP I'm wanting to buy. They gave the me serial and it says the warranty is up on June 5th 2011 which means it's 5 days old right?

Funny thing is that it turns out he lives in the city directly next to me.

He is coming by tomorrow to let me see the computer. This is the first Mac I have bought. What do I need to look for to make sure I should buy it? He even agreed to take it up to the Apple store with me to have them run a diagnostic and such.

Seems too good to be true, but I talked to him for about 30 minutes over the phone and everything seems legit. Just thought I could get some opinions about the whole thing on here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.

You don't need "BIG guys" if you're meeting someone in a public place like McDonald's or Panera Bread...where they have free WIFI as well to test the Airport.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Make sure he has the installation disks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
You don't need "BIG guys" if you're meeting someone in a public place like McDonald's or Panera Bread...where they have free WIFI as well to test the Airport.;)

- Nick

I would insist on meeting him in a public place and not at your house. Other than that, just make sure everything's working. Good deals are still to be had. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
governor peace

Ok I'm planning on buying a specific MBP this month or next month. I was posting in a forum asking some questions, and someone messages me and says that they have the exact spec MBP I'm wanting to buy. They gave the me serial and it says the warranty is up on June 5th 2011 which means it's 5 days old right?

Funny thing is that it turns out he lives in the city directly next to me.

He is coming by tomorrow to let me see the computer. This is the first Mac I have bought. What do I need to look for to make sure I should buy it? He even agreed to take it up to the Apple store with me to have them run a diagnostic and such.

Seems too good to be true, but I talked to him for about 30 minutes over the phone and everything seems legit. Just thought I could get some opinions about the whole thing on here.

If the laptops 5 days old you really need to consider why wouldn't he just return it to the store and get a full refund.

Also if it IS 5 days old how much is he willing to knock off the retail price to sell it. I wouldn't imagine it to be significant. And if its only saving a few bucks do you think it would be worth saving just a tad longer for better piece of mind.

But do what you wish, I don't want to be a downer :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.