Safari started going real slow

Reaction score
A few days ago Safari started going real slow, taking up to a minute to open a web page or a link from a page.

I checked the permissions and they were in order, the I cheked the HD through the facility in the original disk A and that was OK.

So if someone could suggest how to get Safari up to its proper speed, I would be most appreciative.

Stuartp77

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well, it could be all kinds of things, even a problem beyond your influence, that is, at your ISP. To see if it's local, there are a number of other things to try:

Safari Menu > Reset Safari... Don't check the passwords box. Once you've cleared the cache, pages will load slowly the first time, but should improve after that.... IF the problems are solved by this.

If not, find this:
HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist
Move the file to your Desktop.
Go into Safari. This will create a new, default plist where you moved it from.
Test it for awhile. If ok, Trash the plist file on the Desktop.
The only reason to keep it is to avoid resetting your preferences if the problems are still around.

No good?
Try logging in under a different user account. Create one if you have to.
Test Safari out in the other account.

Report on your progress. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
Well, it could be all kinds of things, even a problem beyond your influence, that is, at your ISP. To see if it's local, there are a number of other things to try:

Safari Menu > Reset Safari... Don't check the passwords box. Once you've cleared the cache, pages will load slowly the first time, but should improve after that.... IF the problems are solved by this.

If not, find this:
HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist
Move the file to your Desktop.
Go into Safari. This will create a new, default plist where you moved it from.
Test it for awhile. If ok, Trash the plist file on the Desktop.
The only reason to keep it is to avoid resetting your preferences if the problems are still around.

No good?
Try logging in under a different user account. Create one if you have to.
Test Safari out in the other account.

Report on your progress. Good luck!

Thanks toMACsh, good tips.
Will try it later, as am having similar issues to OP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.