ipod touch with new purchase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
Apple is not doing a deal where if you buy a new mac with an education discount you get a free ipod touch with it. I bought my imac with an education discount in the beginning of march. LAME

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Ok, your statement doesn't make much sense - they are running that deal right now but the way the deal works is you purchase the Mac with the Educational discount, and during purchase you're given the option to purchase an iPod touch and then you'll later receive a rebate that covers the cost of the iPod touch.

Granted, you don't get a free iPod at the time of purchase, but in the long run it would be free as you'd be getting your money back.

Now, back in March, I don't know if they were running this deal or not. I happened to get myself a new 13" MBP back in May and it was offered to me (I work for a school).

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was not offered in march. I was just complaining that I missed out on the free ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Ahhh, ok - now I got you. Reading your original post makes it seem that Apple isn't offering that deal at all, then you reference your purchase in March.

Do you know when they started the deal? If it was close enough to when you purchased your system, you might be able to get Apple to allow you into the iPod deal.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Apple is not doing a deal where if you buy a new mac with an education discount you get a free ipod touch with it. I bought my imac with an education discount in the beginning of march. LAME

It was not offered in march. I was just complaining that I missed out on the free ipod.

This isn't the first year that Apple had run this "free" iPod promotion. If you wanted the free iPod, you should have waited!

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm fairly new to mac, I haven't watched their deals at all until I decided to buy one. My PC crashed, that is to say the hard drive failed and the power supply was failing, so I bought in march out of necessity anyway. I'm happy with the mac, but I would have been happier with a mac and an ipod :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.