SD Card Music Help............

Reaction score
I have a micro sd card for my phone 2 use as my mp3 player. I am trying 2 figure out 1. How to delete the music that I had my friend put on it (windows computer) 2. How to get my itunes to recognize it so that I can put my own music on it. I can do it just fine if I boot up in windows but I have all of my music in my itunes.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok, I got it 2 where it is recognizing the music that I put on there. But when I go 2 delete an album off of it. It will not show in the files list on the card but when i put it in my phone 2 play music the album that should've been deleted is still there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
What was the method that you used to delete the albums? I'm assuming you just deleted them to the trash in your Mac. Did you then empty the trash? Your files are not really deleted until you empty the trash can.

OP
R
Reaction score
When I deleted the stuff off of it, it didn't go into the trash but it wasnt shown on the card either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Sorry I don't know what else to you tell you. You might want to try just deleting only from your phone and see if that works.

I don't know how your phone recognizes files but if it doesn't need a specific file structure or file format other than MP3 or AAC then add files to your SD card from your Mac could be as easy as finding the files in Finder and then dragging and dropping them over.

You shouldn't need iTunes to recognize the SD card as long as your Mac can access it which it sounds like it does.

OP
R
Reaction score
What was the method that you used to delete the albums? I'm assuming you just deleted them to the trash in your Mac. Did you then empty the trash? Your files are not really deleted until you empty the trash can.

Just wanted 2 say thanks again because I have been playing around some more and I deleted the files off the sd card and this time it showed up in the trash and it was gone off the card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.