Magic Mouse

Reaction score
I've been using the Magic Mouse for a while now, and had hoped there would be an update to correct the issue but so far, nothing. There is no way I could play a game with this mouse. I've added an app to increase the speed, but it's still not very accurate. Is there an update or app that will fix this lack of accuracy with the Mac mouse? TIA

Craig

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
OP
C
Reaction score
Since you've posted it, I've been trying it. It's slower than what I've been using, but more accurate. I'll try it for a few days...but should there really be an app for mouse speed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
If you don't like the Magic Mouse, there are other options. You should be able to use most any USB mouse with the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
craig - what OS are you on? and are you operating windows as well as Mac OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I'm in the market for a magic mouse, and don't like what Im hearing thus far about it. Hope things pick up for it.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and don't use windows. I had thought about going back to a Logitech mouse, but I've read that it's not the mouse itself causing this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I'm on Snow Leopard using a Magic Mouse from day one and never had an issue with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and don't use windows. I had thought about going back to a Logitech mouse, but I've read that it's not the mouse itself causing this issue.
I too was in the market for this mouse. Now I'm a bit worried. Which computer do you use if you dont mind me asking?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
This is exactly why I never get the first generation of anything. Nothing is born perfectly formed and there will always be improvements and bug fixes. Till then, I'd use the good old Mighty Mouse, which seems to have more capability without the need for third party software. But as mentioned, you can use almost any mouse with your Mac.

It would seem to me that the Magic Mouse is not the best thing for gaming, and there are plenty of other mice out there that are better designed for that purpose.

OP
C
Reaction score
Actually, now that I've installed MagicPrefs and tweaked the preferences, everything seems much, much better. Thanks for the suggestion!!

I'm using a 27" iMac.

OP
C
Reaction score
That said, I still wouldn't use this mouse for gaming. It is really cool though. The finger swipes, the pinches, the scrolling...very cool. But for gaming I would much rather a good Logitech. Having to click the mouse down has to be slower than just a finger click (haven't actually tried gaming with it, so not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure...). I'm not sure that it slides as easily on my keyboard tray as my Logitech did either, but it's not bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac: 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 1TB HD | ATI Radeon 4670 256MB | iPhone (1st gen)
I love my magic mouse, but I had the same issue til I got MagicPrefs as well and now it's poifect. I feel weird using a scroll wheel now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Same problem on my 27" with the MM. It takes a full 12 inches of surface to get from one side to the other of the monitor - or two passes on a normal sized pad. I got my IMac the week the model came out and was also expecting a patch fairly soon. 6 months now and no fix.

But my Logitech works just fine so the MM is still on the shelf waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
cptkrf - try installing magic prefs then use settings to get needed acceleration to go from side to side then uninstall Magic prefs and see how it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.