• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Another reason why NOT to get Windows XP

T

Tel

My dad has recently got a brand new Windows laptop, he asked me to set it all up for him so I went about installing all the firewall and anti spyware stuff that I knew he was going to need. We had a problem though, we couln't connect it to the internet, it kept telling us that it had "limited or no connectivity," we had to send it back for a RAM fault anyway so we asked them to check everything else that could possibly help.

When we got it back, it worked for the first 10 minutes and then started reporting the same error. I've tried microsofts official fix for this as well as a couple of others to no avail. I know theres nothing worng with the connection because I'm using it now and I know for a fact that his ethernet card is functioning perfectly.

This is making me really happy that I own an Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.