Help with my new Macbook pro!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my macbook pro for a day now and im getting used to it slowly. But a minute ago I opened up "Finder" and dragged HD Macintosh from underneath devices onto my desktop and it disappeared. Where has it gone? and how do i get it back?

Also quick question, how do I right click words/sentences to copy and paste etc like on MS?

Thanks for any help.

Tomsimo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Welcome to the forums!

For question 1 - with finder open, click the finder dropdown menu, select Preferences, in preferences select Sidebar - in there, you should see under Devices Hard Disks (which probably has a '-' in the little check box) click it until a check mark appears and you should have your HD back in the sidebar

For question 2 - with both fingers on the mouse trackpad, push down - that will be your right click. You can adjust right click (secondary click) options in the Preferences window under the trackpad.

Another thing to consider - if you've highlighted something, you can usually press Command+c top copy the highlighted text and Command+v to paste it where you want.

OP
T
Reaction score
unmarked lu

Thanks for your fast reply mate, I new it was something simple. Sorted it all out. Thanks again.

Tomsimo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.