Emailing via I photo

Reaction score
Hi folks

New to mac book pro & getting used to I photo. Want to know a simple way of e-mailing events with decent no of photos which in good quality would be about 100mB or more to friends & family thru I photo. I am on hotmail & when I ask it to e-mail the attachment it comes up unable to send it thru stmp mail sever . If I open hotmail & ask it to attach the event, I photo is not available from the hard drive to attach pics to the e-mail. Previously was used to windows & Picasa & regularly sent pics via googlemail.

I do know that hotmail has limited capacity for attachment & hence tried to attach to my gmail address but again the I photo directory is not available for me to take pictures from and attach.

Any suggestions on how to do it.

Sunir

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hmm. I think iPhoto relies on you using Mac Mail as a carrier.
I would suggest that you try dragging any photo's you want to mail to your desktop, and then attach them from there. It's a more direct path for the files.

OP
S
Reaction score
I photo email

hi Kevriano

Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly try that. Will let you know.

Sunir

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Most email providers won't accept sizes more than 20-25 MB as attachments, so you may run into issues sending that many pictures at once.

Alternatively, you could upload your pictures to a free Picasa Webalbums account, or to a MobileMe Gallery if you're a MobileMe subscriber.

Regarding your question regarding selecting iPhoto images via a "Finder selection" dialog:
In the window that pops up, scroll all the way down in the left sidebar until you see the "Media" section. There you'll be able to select your images.

OP
S
Reaction score
I photo email

Thanks Aptmunich for the suggestions & the directions.

Sunir

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.