Fully Switched Now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Well moment's ago I took the plunge and bought my first well powered Mac.

Last December I bought a G3 from a friend just to try out and use as an office computer.

Then the other day my wife let me know that she feels that she needs a laptop to use full time for her education and work so......She's getting my ThinkPad and I get the new notebook.

So, I ordered a 12" 1.5 Refurb PowerBook a few minutes ago.

Its funny because the day my wife mentioned this to me it was the same day they announced the Intel thing and that nearly derailed things for at least a year or even had me looking on Dell's website for a PC based notebook.

(OK...I admit it...I looked but I didn't do it!)

But after I read up a little on the change and checked out a few forums I decided not to let it stop me.

So, now...my PowerBook is on the way!

Anything cool I can do with a Beige G3 now that I don't need it as a primary office/e-mail machine anymore?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system. You should have gotten a new system for your wife too. :)

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
I'm almost afraid to let her see how cool the Mac will be....she may well want one....

Actually, if she does, I can probably unload my ThinkPad to someone for a good enough price to pay for most of another iBook or Powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Abdiel said:
I'm almost afraid to let her see how cool the Mac will be....she may well want one....

She will.... Trust me... But don't worry, the time you will save no longer having to answer you wife's silly PC questions will make the purchase well worth it. I haven't had my wife ask me a computer question in almost 6 months now that she has her iBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.