Cant get pictures off of cell phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I have a Motorola v505 with bluetooth, and I can get all of my .mp3 ringtones off of my phone just fine. For some reason everytime I try to open the pictures folder in the bluetooth browser on my powerbook nothing ever shows up. I have tons of pictures on my phone and they wont show up in the bluetooth browser. Can anybody figure out a way to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
could you just send them through your wirelses network, ex verizon

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea I thought about doing that, but I dont have the internet on my phone anymore because AT&T screwed us over with that. Thats why ive got to use bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and your computer doesn't see the phone or it is not responding to it?

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My computer finds the phone just fine, and I can get all of the songs off of my phone. My phone plays mp3 ringtones, so i can get all of those. To get the pictures off of my phone you have to double click the pictures folder, and when I do that it searches the folder then when its done searching, it just goes back to normal and the pictures folder doesn't open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
this sound more like a problem with the phone then the computer, did you try calling motorola?

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no, ill probably do that next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Try just copying the Photos folder without even opening it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It sounds as though that function has been disabled by your carrier (fairly common with Vodafone over here in Europe)...

Try seeing if your phone can send the pictures via bluetooth (not email) to your mac, instead of you pulling them off the phone using the mac.

Maybe it'll work that way, but I bet the carrier crippled that feature so you send them via email instead (so the carrier can charge you for it).

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think that might be the problem, when I send pictures to my friends it never gives the option of using bluetooth to send stuff. Ill probably call my provider and see about getting bluetooth turned on. Thanks for the help, that seems to be the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2.4, 4 gig ram, 200gig hd
offload pix

I am having a similar problem with an LX 8300 running on Verizon. I cannot bluetooth my pictures off of the phone. It tells me the service is not supported. I can't even see the pictures through the Mac

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I am having a similar problem with an LX 8300 running on Verizon. I cannot bluetooth my pictures off of the phone. It tells me the service is not supported. I can't even see the pictures through the Mac

That's because Verizon cripples its phones to force you to pay to send your pictures out over their network. Bluetooth support is limited to headsets only.

I've tried every hack out there for my RAZR V3m, but have never managed to do a transfer via BT. I have managed to get transfers via USB working - but only on Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.