Keyboard Battery Low message

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8 2.66GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 27"
When I log on I receive a Keyboard Battery Low message, indicating that my batteries in the wireless keyboard are low. The only problem is I am using the wired USB keyboard and not the wireless type.
How do I switch off this error message?

My magic mouse batteries are at 43%

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go into System Preferences, Bluetooth, and turn it off. That of course will also turn off your mouse... Reboot. Go back into System Preferences, turn Bluetooth back on and pair your mouse again. See if the keyboard battery error has gone away.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Go into System Preferences, Bluetooth, and turn it off. That of course will also turn off your mouse... Reboot. Go back into System Preferences, turn Bluetooth back on and pair your mouse again. See if the keyboard battery error has gone away.

Regards.
I also recommend this.

OP
timeferret
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8 2.66GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 27"
Thanks for help guys,........LOL just discovered what the problem was.

When I bought my mac last year I swapped the wireless keyboard for the USB version, so I could use the numeric keypad.

Stored the keyboard away in the attic, not realizing that I didn't switch it off. All this time its been signaling to my mac from the attic. DOH !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about upgrading to this and then see if you can sort the issue if it is not fixed by the upgrade.
Even if you are on 10.6.3 give the Combo update a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.