Shared Music Folder- iTunes- Meet people

C

composerzach

When I'm on a wireless network- say on the network at my college- and listening to someone's music in a shared music folder on iTunes, often I find amazing music or people with incredible taste in music. Is there any way for me to figure out who these people are? It could be anyone on campus! It's not entirely, or even necessarily at all, for the purpose of file-sharing... I understand the copyright problems that necessitated newer versions of iTunes not to allow file sharing. But I'd really like to meet and hang out with some of these folks with similar musical tastes to my own who have turned me on to so much good music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what we did on my old campus was make your name that you are sharing under your aol screen name...takes some word of mouth to spread the idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
how do you view your school's network? i haven't used a laptop on my campus yet, so i was unaware that i can view other people's music?

OP
T

Tel

I know how you feel on that one, most of my mates have pretty rubbish taste in music, sometimes a long for a mate who didn't think I was refering to my dads brother when I mention Unkle, and didn't think I was sick when I mentioned that Dogs Die In Hot Cars are pretty cool :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.