Import pictures from a harddrive to iPhoto

Reaction score
Hi!
I have some problems importing my old photos from 2001 and forward.
It's like this: my old library of pictures is really messed up due to my dad who didn't managed to keep them in order. I have sooo many copies, and everything is really sick. You can find pics from 2001 besides pics from 2010, summerpics besides winterpics and so on.
Well, I got the "honor" to try to fix everything - thanks dad, that's so sweet of you :(
However, I started and organized some photos into different maps and it all seemed to be working. The problem is that I did this before I got my mac... Now I want to import these photos from my harddrive to iPhoto because I think it's a lot easier to keep them in order that way. But when I tried it, all my maps that I had in my old computer disappeard and all the pictures went messed up - AGAIN.
I'm just so frustraded right now, and I just wonder if there's some way to import the photos IN the maps to iPhoto or if I have to start all over again. And if I have to, is there any way to make it easier? Because as it looks now, the photos aren't even sorted by date or anything.. it's weird, there must be some way to select which order you want the photos to lay in, right? Like date, name and so on.

I'm sorry if you think this questions are stupid.. I'm as much newbie as you can on macs practicelly. And excuse my bad english too, it's not my strongest subject haha.

Thanks!
/Alina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.