emacs and mini dv's

L

launchpd70

so, i have an emac, a samsung scd67 mini dv, and a firewire cable. i have imovie and istopmotion. so, all plugged in, i should able to animate and use imovie. however, the emac isnt recognizing my camera. is there any way to get around this? i'd appreciate some help...samsung and apple are wasting my time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
thats strange that its not going right away but ill just go through the basic things the way i do it on my powerbook

1. plug in firewire into computer
2. open iMovie
3. plug into camera
4. turn camera onto VCR mode or whatever it is on a samsung

OP
L

launchpd70

i can try that..

when i get back home from school, im going to try that. however, i still need it for live video, for istopmotion, and it still isnt reading it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
it should work with live video you just turn it on to camera mode after its all plugged in.

OP
L

launchpd70

still odesnt work...pretty sure that the camera isnt compatible with the system...thanks for your help

OP
W

Wavepaint

Samsung SCD67

Hey there, I share your pain with this video camera and getting your Mac to recognize it. Your entries were from 2 months ago... have you learned anything more on how to solve this problem? I like the camera, but feel cheated that I can't download with it.

OP
I

invasifspecies

Samsung SCD67, imovie, OS X

I have had the same problem with the SCD67. Although it is recognized by newer macs (It works fine with a G5 tower) it is not recognized by any of several G3 ibooks running OS X that I tried.

The good news is that I have found a work around that works for me. Restart your older mac in OS 9 (not classic) and use an OS 9 version of imovie. When you do this the camera is recognized as usual and works fine.

I heard that Samsung have confirmed that this IS an issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.