Edited a photo in Ipreview but reverts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
HI I went from Pathfinder (like finder) to Preview to see a photo. I used the edit tool to rotate it and reduce the file size. In finder it looks find, even when I hit the space bar to enlarge it.

Then I posted it to facebook and it is still on its side.
I have attached the screen shot which shows how it looks in finder and when I spacebar it.

IT is little things like this that make me think no it does not just work.

HOwever I am getting more used to the mac and reading the missing manual is helping me appreciate the other little features more.
I have attached the image . which is the wrong way as you can see.

(by the way this is a sign before immigration when leaving the airport in Phuket, Thailand. They seem to miss the point. :Smirk: )

aot sign.jpg

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are you saving the edited image as a jpg or png? I think that may be why it isn't displaying your changes. I say that because if I post an edited photo or screen shot on photobucket and I don't save it as .jpg, you won't see any of the arrows or Type that I added.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
Hi yes I am saving them as jpgs but that is good to know about the Png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
After copying your pic i opened it in the Preview Application - made the changes and hit ⌘ S to save it and overwrite the image on my desktop and then posted it. Previewing by hitting Space bar when icon is selected is for a quick peak at contents.

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
I did that, as you can see from the 2nd photo.. this is a screen shot of me hitting the space bar. But when I went to load in FB it was still rotated.

I tried it again. I took a photo, opened in preview. rotated. Saved it with CONTROL S and as a JPG. Uploaded it in FB and alas it is still sideways.

Picture 5.png

Picture 12.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried with your photo and got the same result as you did using Save or Command+S. Then tried going 'Save All" from Preview. That uploaded facing the correct way in FaceBook. I made a test folder to try it on my FaceBook account. Worked perfectly. That command is under the File menu in Preview.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
rotated. Saved it with CONTROL S and
Surely you mean Command S as Control S is not possible in my Preview App.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.