Linux Reimaging

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forums, so I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not, but I have a question about one of my older macs. I have an iMac G4, and it is slow enough (700 Mhz.) that it can't run OS X Leopard. I have decided to try running a distribution of Linux with a PowerPC version, like Ubuntu, on the computer. Ubuntu seems to work fine, but I am trying to figure out if it is possible to reimage the system over the network. I have a lot of experience with FOG server, but it requires a PXE network card, which the mac does not have. I also have a little experience with Deploy Studio, and it seems nice, but I am trying to figure out if Deploy Studio can reimage a Linux system. I realize I would have to hook up the iMac as a Firewire Disk target, or maybe even put it's drive in an enclosure to image it, but I would like to know if such a network imaging system is possible. Thanks In Advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.