Snow leopard and the Lisa legacy

Reaction score
Not so much a new switcher as a very old sticker. My first Apple machine was a Lisa in 1981 (£10,000 btw) I've had very generation of mac since then. Problem: my desk top still looks like an early mac covered all the time with documents lying on the desk top, files all over the place. Yesterday I bought my brother an imac, his first computer. It looks so clean an logical and the folders in the dock make sense. Question, has anyone any advice as to how I can get myself from then to now? 30k of different files dating back to the 80's is too big a job for sorting out, and trying to organise things in the style of a bygone era has to stop. Advice on the first couple of steps would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3
Hi,

Are you talking about documents like iWorks or Office files and stuff? I am currently looking into iDocument (IcyBlaze iDocument - Innovative Mac document management software for manage documents on Mac.) myself, which looks like an iPhoto variant for iWorks, Office and PDF.

It doesnt seem to expensive to me, and it provides nice functionality with smart folders, collections and the such. The only thing I havent figured out yet, is whether iDoc also neatly renames the files and puts them in organized folders (much like iTunes does), and this is a very important thing to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.