Growl

Reaction score
Hi i have just had a pop up box saying "growl.info" asking if i want it to allow, deny or once to connect to the internet.

I cant recall downloading this or ever installing it. i am very paranoid about things trying to connect to the internet without my permission.

Does anyone know how this arrived on my imac, does it come with something , should i be worried , can i remove it.

Any advise would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you purchase your machine used with software already installed? If not, then it's something you installed. See the following LINK describing what Growl is and how it's used.

It does no harm to your machine and once you learn how to use it, you may find that you like it. And yes, it can be removed. Refer to the web page above that I linked.

Regards.

Reaction score
If you've installed Adium lately it installs Growl. There might be other apps that install it too.
I've been using Growl for years, but if you don't want it uninstall it. Personal preference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.