Going with MBP, unsure what to get

Reaction score
Not too long ago I was adamant on buying an iMac. Some financial issues came up and I was given time to seriously reconsider that, and I'm glad I did. After thinking long and hard, I decided to go with a laptop instead. I leaned back and forth between Windows and Mac for a while, and have finally landed on the Macbook pro.

-When it comes to processors, is there much of a difference between the i5 and i7? I am going to be doing video editing, picture editing, and light gaming (EVE online, Source games [assuming Valve ports most of them]) and the like. Is it really worth the extra cash? I'm going with the 8GB if that makes a difference

-I've heard some people say that the highres screens are better, and others say that the normal ones are. A friend told me that the glossy is the way to go, and I've read that antiglare is a great feature. Can anyone clear this up?

-Lastly, is 2" of real estate worth an extra $100?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm flying blind when it comes to Macs.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.