Exporting Aperture project

Reaction score
Hello.

I have just created a book project in the 30-day aperture trial, which is about to expire. I can't afford to buy the program now, but I would like to have access to the project in the future when I do buy the program!

How can I save the entire thing on my computer so it's possible to open it into Aperture again so that I can edit it / buy more books?

(Please keep responses as non-technical as possible...!)

Thanks! Mary

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't delete or uninstall Aperture or it's library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x 2.8Ghz Xeon, 6gb RAM, 64gb SSD, ATI 6670 | MacBook (2008 2.2Ghz, 2gb RAM 160gb HD)
If you keep everything you have in your Aperture library (just don't uninstall anything) then when/if you buy the program you can import your old trial library (with all your projects in it etc...) into the fully functioning Program. In fact I think you can just convert the trial into the full Program by entering your purchased serial number.

Anyways as long as you don't uninstall or delete anything regarding the Aperture trial you should be okay.

Just for the record if you want to export the book then you can do so by exporting the project it is in.

Just click on the project and go File>Export>Project Select the destination and click Ok. That should be it, this will save the project and you can later import this into aperture. (feature is useful for backing up single projects as well)

Hope this helps :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.