Imageshack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC
My daughter uploaded pictures to a site called Imageshack. I am able to view them and would like to add them, to my Iphotos. There does not seem to be an easy way. i have tried to drag them into a new Iphoto folder with no success. I also tried saving them to my desktop and them dragging that into Iphoto. I get a message saying the format is not recognized.

Any ideas on how to get them where I want them easily?

Appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Are the images jpegs? What file format are the images if they are not jpegs? ImageShack is just a place for people to store their images so that others can access them so your problem shouldn't be related to ImageShack unless they are converting the file formats when you download them.

Reaction score
Image files

It sounds as though the problem is with the image not the site itself. I had a similar problem where the image was .png vs. a .jpg. Because of the difference in file type they would not transfer. Try opening with Microsoft picture editor and save out as a different type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.