My twelve step thread... or should I say, my first mac.

Reaction score
I have been a computer hobbyist for years. I went from Atari to Amiga to WinIntel. Though I still love assembling machines, I wanted to start writing Ipod touch/Iphone apps. My weapon of choice (after tons of deliberation and pondering USB3), The MacBook Pro 15" base model. I can see the screen and will serve well for Mac and Win7 as I need it.

Beauty of a machine.

I hope to learn about the variety of smaller apps and general ins and outs while aboard.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard... there is a small learning curve with the mac but once done you should be rolling...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Take a lookie at the post I wrote here. That's a nice starting point for anyone new to the macintosh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Congrats, and good luck with your iPhone and iPod Touch apps. Of course, there's the iPad now as well...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good to see another Atari and Amiga fan in the forum. Atari and Amiga were always my favorites when they were popular. Amiga especially was way ahead of its time. :)

Welcome and have fun.

Regards.

OP
nepenthe
Reaction score
Good to see another Atari and Amiga fan in the forum. Atari and Amiga were always my favorites when they were popular. Amiga especially was way ahead of its time. :)

Welcome and have fun.

Regards.

The Amiga had not only an OS advantage, but the hardware was advanced as well. I learned to program Lattice C with my 1000 and 2000.

Thank you fellows for your warm wishes and sagacious advice.

david

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.