• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you take your laptop on holiday?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
i think the title says it all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
depends where i am going actually...brought it from NJ to CA when i was there for spring break. sometimes bring it on long trips to the grandparents house at the jersey shore...

so i guessi can say that i do take it on holiday (refraining from holiday vs. vacation jokes:) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
no,
i like to "get away"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
how else would i check mac-forums :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
It is always wherever I am

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Who has time to go on vacation? ;)

E

Ex_PC_Puke

I actually bought my PB so I could complete some key school assignments over a short vaca we took Spring term --- generally I only take a puter along if there is a need to

T

Tel

I make up 50% of the people who voted "no" so far!

Though it depends on the holiday really, if I was to go on a city break for a week or so I'd probably take it with me (lots of wireless places etc.) but anywhere is usually a big no. Just got back from a week in Crete, for too much alcahol, not a same enviroment for my iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I take it absolutly everywhere. on vactaions, to school, everywhere! lol

D

dlisle20

when i go on holiday i want to stay there and enjoy myself, not spend the holiday on my laptop which i can do at home anyway

E

Ey3 D

I always take it. Unless it is like in the jungle or something like that where there wil be other stuff to do and it wouldn't be safe. Buut really what I find funny is that both of my neighbors have PC laptops and never bring them anywhere! That is how clunky their PCs are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, I have the 17" Powerbook and I still take it everywhere. Then again, it weighs about as much as my friend's 15" PC laptop, and although larger due to the screen size, mine is about twice as thin...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
dlisle20 said:
when i go on holiday i want to stay there and enjoy myself, not spend the holiday on my laptop which i can do at home anyway

Exactly. I enjoy using my computer, but I can do that every day. I just got back from New Mexico, where I saw Monument Valley and some old Aztec ruins, plus spent some time talking to Navajo people. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot from HUMAN INTERACTION. What good would a laptop have done out there? I also like to camp, shoot, fish, and fly, none of which are really healthy environments for a laptop!

That's why I bought a Powermac instead of a Powerbook... :mac:

S

speedydave

Yes, but mainly to store/edit pictures and maybe watch a movie or two on the plane/in the car.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, but an iPod photo would sure come in handy for all those holiday snaps :)

If I want to mail my friends or family a picture, I can just stick my cam's memory card in my phone and send it that way.

Ah good old europe with its rockin' mobile phones :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.