ISP over ad-hoc, when the InternetComputer is a PC

Reaction score
Hello!

I was looking for some help on my issue and I came across to this place! First post :)

I am a fresh Mac user, have a MacBook Pro. I have a PC which has internet connection over a VPN. I also have a wireless USB wifi adapter. In order to avoid constantly changing the cable from the PC to the Mac, I tried to use the wifi adapter. So I made an Ad hoc network on the PC with the wireless adapter, connected my MacBook with the AirPort. and enabled ISP on the VPN. By choosing 'manual' IP address, I did manage to get them to see each other perfectly, exchange files, even print from the mac through the wireless, through the pc to the printer of the PC. However I cannot make the mac to have an internet connection. No luck. I am no expert, but I do have a slight idea about computers.
Do you think that the fact that the connection is a VPN is the problem? Any ideas?
I saw a somehow similiar problem in the stickies but wasn't really resolved - I am talking about guy with the restaurant.

Thanks!
Boris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.