• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Mac leetness saved some girl's sister's wedding today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
So today at best buy, this girl came up to the Geek Squad counter while I was nearby (I'm PC sales floor). She pulled out a white unibody MacBook and asked the tech if he knew how to work a Mac. Her dilemma was that she wanted to get a copy of a slideshow working for her sister's wedding rehearsal dinner tonight that she could play on a PC that was there. Apparently, exporting the slideshow from iPhoto to a .mov hadn't yielded the results that she needed.

Anyway, long story short, after activating tap to click so I didn't lose my mind and quitting a bunch of open applications (and she only had 2 gigs of ram, urgh), I ended up exporting the slideshow to iDVD and burned it to a disc for her.

She was ecstatic and told me I saved the wedding. I am awesome. */basking in self glory* lol

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Congrats buddy. I wonder how many of our fellow Mac users have had similar experiences?

Several years ago I took our Wallstreet era Powerbook to a conference. Someone else took a department issued PC. Much to their horror the machine refused to boot. When I asked for the floppy containing the web links they were being presented they went looking for another fellow with a PC. Surely a Mac couldn't do that right? When the PC owner didn't have a floppy they returned to my Mac which presented the files with no problems.

From then on I seriously thought about using the "Mighty Mouse" theme song as a startup sound.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yea, Trevor (the tech) was great though. He saw me, looked lost, and was like, "i know a... little bit... about Macs, but this is Jason..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Heres my effort;
wife went to local Council Office to watch a presentation. Council had left out PCs and projector for visitor to use for her show. After disk would not play in any 1 of 3 PCs panic call for me to bring down MBP - connect up projector & played it no problem.
Sort of saved the night i guess.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53GHz Intel
Wow nice going!

It is always nice to help people with problems either PC/Mac related.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, I get greater joy when I can help a new convert though. Like, "halp i dunno where i am!" I'm like, "oh, it's okay... see how easy this is to do when you know the way?"

I went over it with her a couple times too so she could replicate that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.