iPhone connectors. help to find needed

Reaction score
Hello everybody...

Are there any iphone connectors other than standard available?
I right angle connector?
or an ultra slim (flat) dock?

why? I have discovered that my iPhone fits perfectly on the dash of the car, infront of the instrument cluster and I would like to somehow fit a charging port there.

a standard dock will probably be to tall, I am contemplating buying a cheap on and taking it to pieces to see if I can cobble something together from that.

also I have found a couple of references to 'universal' something or other.
and I have found that I can buy a craddle piece from apple and others but this appears to just be a piece of plasitic with a hole in.

Ideally I would like to be able to achieve this without hacking the dash and with a minimalist finish. the strength of the standard connector/plug/socket is sufficient to hold the phone in place.

The location would be absolutely perfect if I can find a way to pull it off!
and yes I could just fix it somehow with velcro or something or just glueing a dustcap and using that as a locator, but really I would like to be able to charge it whilst in situ.

Any help gratefully recieved thank you :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Can anybody advise me on where I might be able to purchase components that are used in desktop docks etc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.