• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone?

A

andrew@twenty20

Perhaps this is old news to some, or even most, but I saw on 'wikipedia news' that Apple is developing a phone with Nokia due out early '06. Can anyone tell me anything about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am just hearing about this... this is awesome news!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
very good news....i'l certainly be buying one when they come out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
does any body know if it will be available for verizon, since that is what I have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
how reliable is wikinews? cant anybody write an article for it if it seems like it has some merit?
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i believen you are right, anybody can write and artical for it, so as of right now I am just taking this news as a rumor, but It is still nice to dream, since we really don't know who the person is who wrote the article so It could of been somebody who knows, maybe an apple insider breaking a contract for the sake of a good news story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
those links are older. what did happen to the motorola phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
coach_z said:
how reliable is wikinews? cant anybody write an article for it if it seems like it has some merit?
-chris

I believe anyone can write it, but before it is posted, I think it still needs to be approved by the people who run the site.

OP
T

Tel

If it looks anything like the phone/iPod in that last link then you can count me out!

OP
V

vuschejan

I'm aggreeing with Tel, If it looks like that last link, Apple may die as a result of bad juju for making something that ugly : :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
my god it would take forever to dial something on that last one

i do hope that this would happen because i am up for a new phone upgrade thing from verizon around christmas time :)

OP
T

Tel

Imagine trying to write an SMS! The other one isnt that nice either but I've never been one for phone looks, as long as they're functional. I have a p800, so I'm definatly in need of an update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Wow, I'm actually quite surprised that this many people are ready to jump on the iPhone idea. Not that it's a bad thing just somewhat surprised.

I guess I am just not seeing the point of the iPhone, especially if I already own an iPod. I guess there is the benefit that I only have one device for both Communications and entertainment, but I like having dedicated products. I just had to send my iPod Mini back to Apple, and durring that time, I would have also been without a phone if it was an iPhone.

Just my 2 cents on the topic, I'll have to really wait till I can see it, hold it, use it, before I can make a decision on this one.

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Well...I guess you can always make a case that device convergence can make the device in question more valuable and harder to swallow a loss of said device...however...I think for most the trade-off is worth it. One device that could elegantly and efficiently handle multiple functions could be a boon to many travelers and business people. I personally wouldn't buy one...and you can jump all over me on this one if you want...but if you want true convergence...one could just buy a Windows Mobile based phone or a Treo and have at it...with a decent sized memory card they make decent little music players.

OP
S

supremeoverlord

It seem that slashdot.org had a link to a Motorola PDF with pictures of the supposed iphone today but a couple minutes after it was posted the PDF was gone. I didn't get to see it but if anyone else caught it POST IT!
It would seem somebody at Motorola screwed up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.