Win7 on MBP touchpad is not working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
hey guys, i decided to run win7 as well on my MBP. everything went well but the touch pad isnt working. I have to click on it all the time but i cant just tap on it to use it. I called apple and they said that i needed t he updated driver, downloaded the driver but got a msg saying that its not for this computer and it will not install. I did however install drivers after installing windows through bootcamp. any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to the Apple site and download\install Boot Camp 3.1. Make sure you download the correct BC file for your version of Windows 7. There are two: one for 32 bit Win 7 and one for 64 bit Win 7. That should resolve the issue with your trackpad.

Also... You must have Boot Camp 3.0 (Snow Leopard DVD) installed before you can install 3.1.

Regards.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey thanks for the quick reply, i did install bootcamp 3.1 for win 7 32bit because i installed 32bit. It still does not work :( i dont know what to do, they are closed too now.

Reaction score
First - Do you have Boot Camp installed? You can tell if you see the black diamond in the taskbar by the clock. If it's not there, Boot Camp isn't installed.

Second, click the black diamond and choose Boot Camp Control Panel. In here are various tabs, one of which is "Trackpad." In here is where the "Tap to Click" and "Secondary Click" options are. Make sure they are checked to your liking.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First - Do you have Boot Camp installed? You can tell if you see the black diamond in the taskbar by the clock. If it's not there, Boot Camp isn't installed.

Second, click the black diamond and choose Boot Camp Control Panel. In here are various tabs, one of which is "Trackpad." In here is where the "Tap to Click" and "Secondary Click" options are. Make sure they are checked to your liking.

that resolved the problem. thank you very very much. I am on the phone right now with apple and they had no idea how to fix it lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.