recently switched(sort of)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
i ordered my powerbook Sunday night. today it says it's status is still "Sent to Manufacturing," how long does it usually stay at that status before it is shipped? A friend of mine told me that her powerbook stayed at that status for over a week. just curious...

-impatient future mac user

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new purchase. :)

Is the system a built to order or one of the off the shelf models?

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman said:
Is the system a built to order or one of the off the shelf models?

built to order, so i understand why it might take a day or two for it to ship. i just don't want it to take a week for it to ship, but i doubt it will take that long

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
It all depends on how much "extra" you added to the basic shelf model. I recently ordered a powerbook and all I had extra was a gig of ram, just one 512 stick. I think it took 2-3 days of being in manufacturing before it got sent. If you ordered a bunch of extra stuff, ex: smaller/bigger hard drive, faster processor, etc. then it could take a while. If you got something small like ram im sure it wont be very long before it gets shipped.

Reaction score
I got the BT module addon for the iBook, and mine just got sent to mnfg today. If you look at your order, (assuming it's from apple) there is an estimated send date. Unfortunatly mine is for Friday :(

Side rant: It seems everytime I get excited about something and put rush shipping on it, it doesn't ship till the end of the week anyways so I still am without for a couple days+delivery time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
Dominion said:
Side rant: It seems everytime I get excited about something and put rush shipping on it, it doesn't ship till the end of the week anyways so I still am without for a couple days+delivery time.

*sigh*

the story of my life

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dominion said:
If you look at your order, (assuming it's from apple) there is an estimated send date.

mine says:
On or before 06/16/2005

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dominion said:
You suck, that's the day before mine :p

hopefully both of ours ships BEFORE the estimated date

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
TomyDingo said:
hopefully both of ours ships BEFORE the estimated date

I am sure it will, they always over estimate on purpose to allow time for a screw up, or a missing part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
yeah, my powerbook got to me like a week before Apple said it would, they give themselves lots of time

D

djmitch

You all had it pretty good. I ordered my Mini on April 22nd and got it May 20th - it was a painful wait! The estimated ship was "on or before May 23rd". Mind you, it came with all the options - if you order it stock you can usually get anything quickly.

Reaction score
GRRRRR I'm a little bit miffed at the moment. I paid for the expidited shipping so I could have it early. One it's not shipping till end of week so that means it's a weekend shipper, won't get it till Tuesday or so. SECOND, my book is shipping from CHINA, and it's going to to a week and a half to even get here. ***?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.