• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Adobe tries to prod Apple to bury hatchet by placing full-page ad laced with sarcasm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Here is more info about this:

Adobe aims ad campaign, open letter at Apple | Multimedia | iPhone Central | Macworld

And here is Adobe's jab at Apple about open markets. An official letter from Adobe itself.
Our thoughts on open markets

And a few quores from the Adobe letter:

We publish the specifications for Flash — meaning anyone can make their own Flash player
The release a propriotry codec video player and anyone not making video to the specifications Adobe set can't use their video with the player. That is not open standards at all. Any player can use the codec is open source. Abobe need to learn what open source non-propriotery means.

Yet, Adobe Flash technology remains the market leader because of the constant creativity and technical innovation of our employees.
I'll believe that when I see it. And I have yet to see it.

Adobe's business philosophy is based on a premise that, in an open market, the best products will win in the end
If this is true then that's a suicidal business plan. As something as proprietry as flash can't survive on a web free of plugins and codecs that can be played by any browser or video player. So that statement is correct by Adobe. Adobe are just saying the best product that will win is not Flash.

we held onto our market leadership by out-innovating the pack
I think they need to look at one man's work. Mr Jonathon Ive. Sure he is hardware design. But his work is true innovation. If Adobe want to be known as true innovators they should take a loeaf out of Ive's book and actually do some innovating.

In the end, we believe the question is really this: Who controls the World Wide Web? And we believe the answer is: nobody — and everybody, but certainly not a single company.
Nobody and everybody can't own the same thing. That's just like saying you own and you don't own the same thing. That just makes so sense. A pretty silly thing to say Adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I still don't understand how adobe keeps on talking about the world wide web being free(talking about flash media on the web) to everyone without any control, when they are the ones who make flash, and apple is/are the one(s) who want html5 do be the next standard?? Hey ADOBE! Shut up and learn HTML5! This is starting to remind me of the airbag arguments some time ago...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.