Buying Software Online

Reaction score
Hi all:

I am debating on buying a software package from Adobe online, specifically Abobe InDesign CS5.
It is something I have been thinking about for a while.
I am still saving up the money for it and want to have a legal copy.
But I have never bought a software package over the internet.

I was wondering if any of you have, what was your experience like and what kind of shipping fees or taxes should I be expecting?
I live in Ontario, Canada, and not sure how ordering from the U.S now. will effect the final total.
HST is going to be implmented in July, and I wonder how this is going to change things.

Any sound advice is appreciated.
Angelguy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't speak for ordering on line from Canada, however, I have ordered many software packages from on line resellers with good results. Some resellers will charge shipping, handling, and local sales tax; others do not charge sales tax. Just depends on the reseller.

I imagine if you order CS5 from Adobe here in the US, you will be charged custom import duty and any other taxes imposed by your province. You might be better off purchasing it locally. Check around before you buy.

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you not purchase digital copies of each of the Adobe CS products? If so, simply do that. Doing so will save you some trouble I imagine.

EDIT: This is the case. I went to the Adobe page and after clicking buy, I was given the option of "Download" or "Ship the box to me". Downloading will at least save you some shipping fees on top of the added benefit of getting the product much quicker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.