Switching Users

Reaction score
I just passed my iMac on to my wife and would like to be able to copy all the programs and files onto her user account. Can I do that and if so, how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the forum. If you add a new Admin User for her then she has access to all the Applications on the HD but not the User files that remain in your Home directory. If u will continue to use it as well you can enable fast User switching which will allow you to keep each area set up as needed.
Go to sys Prefs > Accounts and click the + below left pane to add a new User and Click Login Options to enable Fast User switching.

OP
J
Reaction score
Switching users

Here is my problem. She wants to use mac mail for her calendar, but when she tries to set the alarm to send her an email, it just offers to send the email to my email address, not hers. Since it was my mac before I gave it to her, a
everything on it is under my user name. Can I just change my user info to her name and email address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Can I just change my user info to her name and email address?
You can but then you will face other complications later. Far better to set up a User for her and use her email and user details then life will be simpler.
All the programs on the HD will be available for her to use, just not with your info but hers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.