connecting to itunes

Reaction score
sry if this is in the wrong area i apolagize but ive been having a hard time getting answers. i got an iphone 3g that is not recognized by itunes. it's a new laptop with windows 7 64 bit and i got the 64 bit itunes off of the apple site. anyways i'm guessing it has something to do with the itunes since my ipod is also not recognized. the phone will charge when hooked up to the laptop so im assuming the usb jack is good. tried doing the tech support call over on apple and its saying the iphone is past warranty. i'm pretty bad with computers and have no idea what a driver is or the best way of going about this so lamen terms appreciated. thx

OP
A
Reaction score
ulna profes

ive restarted the iphone and laptop a bunch of times to no luck and my iphone isnt even recognized under my computer. i just uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and still no luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Here's what I would, first try a different USB cord you would be surprised a lot of times the USB can make a huge difference. If that doesn't work try reinstalling iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.